Monday, March 19, 2012

The Blessing in disguise of the Maid Story

The recent news on the price hike on Indonesia maid has left bitter taste among our people. And there's an update of an organization saying, we can always go for other countries. Philippines, Thailand, India, to name a few

But let's look at it differently. When I was growing up, my parents only paid for a maid only until I was six. When I turned 7, we no longer had the service of a maid at home. 

So, I was trained to do chores like:
washing the dishes
throw away the garbage in the kitchen
sweep the floor
wash clothes
cooking
and many others.

via

And it was a good thing. I was lucky my parents didn't have any maid after that because the chores trained me to do the works at home, which is important.

Not that I want to boast, but when I was studying and staying with my friends outside of campus and rent a home, the others did not do much cooking, sweeping, you know, the standard chores.
(true story) And it really got on my nerves, most of the time. It was as if, I was the maid at home. =_=

So, let's just look at things on the bright side, shall we? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment