Sunday, April 29, 2012

Speak up or Keep your mouth shut, Malaysians?

I understand that one's right to say and express are theirs and it's a freedom that should not be taken away. I understand and totally respect that.

But I couldn't help myself feeling infuriated whens the other side of the field is saying things such as this:

"I don't care what the Opposition or the Government does, as long as they don't interfere with or interrupt my life - I don't really give a f***. What Bersih? What Election?"





Honey, as much as the freedom is yours to fiddle with,  I don't really like this attitude because it only tells me how ignorant and selfish you are.

Only when things are not going as well as you had hoped or it has suddenly become difficult for you to live your life, then you start rambling and complaining on your facebook of what has been done by the law makers, the politicians.

Darling, just as you chose to be ignorant at first, you can't really blame them for making decisions that could literally, "interfere" your life. 


If you choose to be ignorant and not speak up and not participating, then I'm sorry - you have automatically disqualify yourself from saying anything in the future.
But of course, this is the ideal way. And in the future, I cannot expect you not complaining again when things start to go wrong. 


Whether you like it or not, if you love the country like you said, then you have to start paying attention. If you don't, then they are bunch of jerks in the governing body that will do what ever their heart desire. 


Your choice.and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment