Monday, April 30, 2012

Teachers, you're awesome!

Now, Do you guys know who she is? Well, I just find her very inspiring. Her name is Rebecca Mieliwocki and she was just recently named the National Teacher of the Year in America. 

via



Her down to earth nature, that I find is very impressive can be highlighted through her words here,
“I am not the best teacher in America — there isn’t one,” she said. “All across this nation there are millions of teachers who do the work that I do and many do it better.”
Mieliwocki said that across the country, teachers are working wonders despite the mounting barriers they face.
“Our children are our future and that I have a hand in guiding and shaping that future compels me to make every minute, every lesson, every moment with them count,” she said.
via

Some of the things she did,
  1. She wants to make sure every student that she teaches understand what they are learning by going for awesome, cool school projects. 
  2. She created a Facebook page so that parents could be updated 24/7 on what's happening. 
  3. She sends weekly memos to parents to let them know what's happening at school. 

Well, as this Month is special for our teachers, I like to extend my gratitude and thanks for what you are doing for our children. I do know too, that some of the readers that come here so religiously are teachers themselves. And for that, thank you for your awesome dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment