Friday, December 30, 2011

5 reasons why I pick AirAsia over Malaysia Airlines



I fly frequently.Yes, I do. But just within Malaysia and even that, only between Kuala Lumpur - Kuching. Kuching - Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur - Kuching...okay,okay, I think you guys get the picture already right? 



you wanna know why? keep reading!



 So, normally when we're doing something over and over again, we kinda' like know what we want most, and we don't think is not important. Am I right? 

Take this for example, if you guys are going to work - should i take the public transportation or should i drive? Well, since you're doing it everyday, you know very well the pro's and con's. I'm not saying this as if it's facts

But - merely from experience. It's just when you're doing something over and over again, it's natural you know. 

So, in my case, I have two options - should I take Malaysia Airlines or should I take Air Asia?
In other words, should I take the luxury but still affordable Malaysia Airlines or should I take Air Asia, the low cost airlines?

Malaysia Airlines...mmm...not now.sorry.


Is this important? Oh heaven yes! It's a freakin' 2 hours flight - it's a very important decision. 

But for most of the times, and it's basically a no contest, I'd take Air Asia. 

Why? Because it's cheap?

nah, usually I order wayy in advance.So the price is pretty much the same between the two airlines.

Now, let me tell you why I pick Air Asia over Malaysia Airlines in 5 reasons:

  • The foods
Yes. As absurd as it sounds, foods play a major factor in my picking the plane I decide. Now, I've noticed Malaysia Airlines' provided meals on board are quite good, but I'd prefer AirAsia's selection instead. 

And now, they are providing a variety of foods that I really love. And if I want to eat them, I buy. If I don't want, I don't buy them. Easy, heh

Convenient. 

But most of the time, I'll buy. That's where this affects my choice the most. 
However, for Malaysia Airlines - the foods are delicious but they are limited! If they only provide 1901 Hotdog on board,maybe I'll re-consider!
  • The trip from Kuala Lumpur to the Airport
I love taking the bus from Kuala Lumpur's KL Sentral. About 45 minutes journey to the airport. And I feel I'm properly insured on the bus, for some reasons. 

Yes, there's also buses going to the main airport, KLIA but I have been on the AirAsia's Red Bus for many years, whenever I'm on a different bus, I have this little voice calling out, not safe! not safe! 

I cannot explain why and how, but I don't feel safe!

Unless if I were to take the "bullet train" from KL sentral to KLIA, then it's okay. But it's freakin' expensive! So no.
  • The Airport, LCCT
I don't like KLIA much. I prefer LCCT. Perhaps LCCT is my comfort zone, so I just feel it's much easier for me to hang out at LCCT rather than at KLIA because it's smaller, the stores are closer with one another and I don't have to walk much. Trust me, KLIA can make me feel exhausted at times!

  • What I don't want and what I want
It's pretty straight forward with Air Asia. What I want, I'll order. What I don't want, I don't order and would not go paying for it.  This is a major contributing factor actually, other than the foods. I prefer to be given the freedom to pay for what I want rather than forced to pay for something I don't need.
  • Tony Fernandez
Tony Fernandez
Okay, don't worry. I'm not paid to write this. heck, if I get paid, that'd be cool but seriously, in my freakin' dream! Thus, I'm not being bias. So, another reason for my choosing Air Asia over Malaysia Airlines is because of this man here - Tony F. Why? Let me break it down for you.

  1. I love what he's doing to boost the entrepreneurship in this country. 
  2. He fights hard for the aviation industry in this country and he made it very cheap now for me to travel. I remember when I was young, it was freakkkking expensive. Seriously expensive. 
  3. He's my role model. So, just as I'm a hardcore fan of Manchester United, I'll do anything for them. So, I'm Tony's man through and through. (Like I said, I'm not paid to say this! Ha Ha Ha!)

Well, these are the reasons why I pick Air Asia over and over again. These might not be the type of reasons you expected, but I am weird so these are why I am picking Air Asia over Malaysia Airlines.

Oh, and another thing, my best friend is a pilot in Air Asia, so I've seen for myself how hard he struggled to become a pilot for the company - thus why because of him, I have a strong impression that the pilots in Air Asia are very competent and pro! So, I feel safe.
he's showing off. =_=

Well, when I'm paying for something, I want value and these are the values that I'm looking for. Sorry Malaysia Airlines, maybe I'll go for you when I want to go abroad. 


P.S when I'm loyal to brand, hell yeah,I'm loyal.



Sincerely, 
the weirdo.
Clive


No comments:

Post a Comment