Monday, December 26, 2011

Chased by the Wolves

For the past few days, or weeks maybe, I couldn't get my head to concentrate on anything. It was as if there were a pack of wolves chasing me from behind and all I knew was to keep on running and running until they could not keep up with me anymore. But the more I ran, the more the wolves seem to be growing in numbers. When can I stop running and face them? When will I be able to muster the courage to face the imminent battle I know I won't be able to avoid?


I was thinking of coming up with this letter for the past couple of weeks, to mark the end of this year and start anew with next year. I guess I can call it, Letter of Reflection?


Once, I have been telling and guiding people who are lost in their lives and have absolutely no idea about what they wanted to do with their lives. Ironically today, I fell into that group of people. I am absolutely clueless. People my age today have achieved a lot of things and some are progressing really well, I cannot say I don't envy them. 

But if I keep on complaining and feeling sorry for myself, it wouldn't get me anywhere, would it? Again, this is the advice I was telling people before and now, I'm telling myself that. What happened between that? 

If you have been with me (by reading my posts), you know of course that I was really excited about starting my own enterprise - to be in business and pursue what I am passionate about. But is it okay if I said I gave up? 

Even bringing myself to say it out (or typing it) is an embarrassment. I just thought it is stupid. Yes, people do give up all the time, but where would it lead you? me?

I'm not writing this letter to gain your sympathy, my dearest readers. But I thought it is fitting that I muster the strength and courage again to face life once more, with my head held up high. I know I must face the wolves sooner or later, it is only a matter of time. 

This letter supposed to be my setting the resolution right? In the past, I have set many resolutions but this time around, I'll make it simple. I noticed my past resolutions, haven't been able to achieve them due to my inability to focus my head on important things but instead, jumping and grabbing at every opportunity presented aside from being cheated, given up and so many other unfortunate events. 


Heh, I'm turning 24 soon. Seeing so many people my age have achieved much, it's a formidable future I'm looking at. But is it too late? No, no. It's never too late. Even people in their 60's managed to create something special in their lives. So, I'm young and healthy, why should I give up now?

 Do you know the story of this man?

So, my dearest readers I hope the new year would be a great blessing to us all and God will be there to guide us in our future undertakings. Things would not always be pretty and easy for each and everyone of us but every thing that seem random to us, is actually (what I like to believe) is part of the grand plan.

With that, I'd like to wish a Happy New Year. In the meantime, I have to continue my journey with the wolves. I'll beat them someday.

Clive

No comments:

Post a Comment