Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A real Hobbit home!


So do you think the houses at the Shire (where the Hobbits stay in the Lord of the Ring's world of JRR Tolkien?)  You know - where Bilbo and his nephew, Frodo stays? Where Samwise Gamgee is the garderner? Or - wait, have you guys watched Lord of the ring? 

Anyway, if you haven't, well, I'm speechless. I can't bring myself to say anything but GO ON AND WATCH IT!

And I mean, seriously, why would you not even consider watching the movie? Let alone read the book? 


Besides the point, I'm not here to lecture - on the other hand, I'm here to share something really cool and interesting. So apparently, we have somebody building a hobbit-like house over there in Wales! Look at the pictures below!


 They are so cool and I can just start to picture how his house will look totally awesome during Christmas! And it looks so comfy and oh!I dunno - I just feel like staying there!



 So apparently, he built this house with only $4,700 bucks only! That's roughly 3000 pounds! If I were to value this house, I'd say the price is priceless. Will you look at that -


And the man who built this house is called Simon Dale, and he built his house, this house out of his interest in self-sustainability and an ecological awareness led him to dig out and build his own home.




Freakin' awesome dude!   Don't you think so? And of course, making the place more special, it's Wales. The air is fresh and so green all around you - purrr,

Simon Dale, his wife Jasmine Saville, and their two children in front of their completed home just 4 months after starting it! This and all photos on this page are by Simon Dale (http://simondale.net).


Simon is now involved in building another home for the Lammas Project, an organization dedicted to low-impact building. Focus is not only on the homes themselves, but also on planting trees and gardens, and on low impact living in general.

So, if any of you wants to check out about Simon Dale, click here!
A
Until then, happy christmas & new year!

Source:  Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment