Thursday, November 18, 2010

come on, Malaysian film industry!



I've been following a few on a few TV shows lately,well,namely the Kings of Queen,everybody loves Raymond,Friends (of course, not going to miss this one out!), how i met your mother,Heroes,Lost,prison break.and these shows,do you know what's the similar thing that these shows have?








they are fun to watch! why is that?
i've been thinking about this,you know out of just for the sake of thinking about it.but are these tv shows are so fun to watch?well,after thinking about it,I just thought it's only so because it's relevant!

you know,you don't have to censor every little bit of everything,being hypocrite of not telling the audience how life really is. with corney scripts,I mean what's the point?Result: you lose out among the audience.that's the problem with the film industry in Malaysia.we're too scared of showing the reality we'd rather just show the nicey-nicey parts of our lives,with awkward scripts and even when it shows the bad side of the society,it's just too much exaggerated.




if you stop thinking about it,we have so much to tell and share wit the rest of the world! heck,why don't we have a look back in the days when P. ramlee's movies and now?I mean, the difference? dude,seriously.everything is corney now!




well,except for the late Yasmin Ahmad's movies.that's something different. and that's nice.



OK,why don't we take a look at a few movies here,

people don't talk like that.why don't we just have the director or, the scriptwriter have a rough look at the way the people really talk,albeit the dirty words,hey we don't use 'saya', 'awak' that much.come on., bros!

and seriously,think about it,why we love how I met your mother? Because people,the audience can relate to the show! and have a good time watching it also and you can choose to disagree,but that's true.try and ask around.

look,you guys can either agree with me but I'm just telling it just the way I see it.what do you think?come to think of it,as a person who is willing to pay for a ticket to the cinema just to have a good time watching good shows/movies,I don't really care if it the whole production is cheap and not much,but i DO care if the plots are good,interesting and fun to watch. I mean,seriously,that's the whole point-we,I mean,I want to have a good time!


but why am I comparing movies and tv shows?
well simple,I intend to point out that it doesn't matter whether you spend millions or just a few thousands of dollars,we CARE about the story line and no corney scripts,please!Tell it how it is.
Or else,we can always start with Lord of the Rings, the Terminal, harry potter.list goes on.

have fun guys! X)
cheerio!

here's something else to share with you guys,anyway.

click I


click II

click III


No comments:

Post a Comment