Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

warning: a geeky review. @_@




Well, this is pretty late, don't you think? I mean, the movie was released weeks ago and only now that I'm writing a review about it?

Why?

Simply because I do not want to spoil the fun.Everybody by now, has watched it and if I write a review on the movie, it wouldn't be much of a spoiler then. :) I've watched it on the day of its released.

Anyway, while writing this, I'm trying to be as neutral as possible. I am a die hard fan of the whole Harry Potter phenomenon! Yes, I admit that. I have read the seven books back and forth, hundreds of times (literally) and at one point, I even managed to memorize which to refer to (pages) in order to answer some quizzes, things like that. I am a huge fan of the whole world created by J.k. Rowling. So, obviously, when you are a big fan of the book, you'll have a certain expectation for the movies.

What I think of the previous six movies of Harry Potter? Hugely disappointing! Especially the Order of the Phoenix!I mean, I know they are trying to cram the whole thick book into one movie, but you cannot deny the fact that it is disappointing! The movie is totally confusing for non-readers, and who wouldn't if all the important parts are missing, the development of the characters are simply cut short. What I can say for the previous six movies, I prefer the first movie the most. That stays with the book, and I like that one most.



As for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I like how they are developing the characters and getting the audience to understand how they are feeling, the feeling of hopelessness and despair. The musics are definitely awesome. I love the scores done by Alexandre Desplat. They are simply amazing. Two thumbs up!

Since the final book is my favourite book in the series, so I really do appreciate how it goes so far. And the director has even put in a few scenes that are not written in the book, for example when Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma watson) were dancing in the tent. That's a nice addition.



I totally recommend watching this, for all of you guys who just want to relax and enjoy some intimate moments with your loved ones. Although, I guess, I would really advice that you guys watch (for non-readers) all of the previous movies before watching this movie since you can get pretty lost into the whole discoveries (what with Luna Lovegood's father, grindelwald, dumbledore's wand, the mystery of the wand and connection between Harry and He-who-must-not-be-named,). I dunno, I definitely recommend that you guys watch the other movies before watching this.

I went with my two other friends to the cinema and they told me, they are confused and if they hadn't watched the other movies before coming to the show, they will definitely be lost!

In terms of actions, the first part of the movie is definitely beaten by the second part (according to the book) and for those who simply intending to watch the movie and does not have any particular attachment to the series, will feel pretty bored with the trio's drama and emo-emo scenes. But for us who have been growing up with these books, and watching the movies ever since the first one was released, and we who have queued and in line to get our books in the very early morning at 7.01 am, we feeeeel it darling. We love how the director has spent his efforts in making this movie. And I've heard, this time around, JK Rowling is actively involved with the production of the final two films! So that explains it,eh?No wonder! :D



My rating for the movie? 4 stars.

So, I hope I help you guys a bit if you're in the middle of deciding whether to watch the movie or simply wait for the DVD. I've done my part. :)

And oh, let me just share something with you guys. Many years ago, not too long ago, when the final book was released, I've written a special post for it(buying this book). nostalgic,darlings! The post is taken from my old blog. click here.

it was around 5.30 am on saturday morning and i had difficulties waking up,it was hard since i slept late hours before.but i did manage to wake up at last around 6.20 and i said, 'Oh no, im late'
but anyway,i woke up and had my shower, and by 6.40, i was already on the way to the 'Heart' of UM(university Malaya) from my hostel to find a cab to get me to the nearest Putra Station.so,let me show you how it went:

6.45:i found a taxi and paid rm3.20 for the fare when i reached the Station
6.52:the train arrived and rushed inside
7.01:at KL sentral and walked to the nearest Monorail Station( Sentral Station) and cost me rm1.60 for the monorail
7.11:arrived at Monorail Imbi Station and went straight to Times Square and headed to Borders Bookstore to get my hands on the book,Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow. I saw some people were already sitting here and there reading the books,*sigh* so dissapointed with myself for not being there early, a failure this year...
7.20:join the long line to get to the counter,again i sighed here.but i was feeling excited,so i t didn't matter much
8.00:i reached the counter and paid rm57.90 for the book(the rest of the price,i've paid when i booked it) and i received a voucher,20% for any book that i buy between 21st of July-29th of July,but whatever, i hastily walked out of the bookstore and headed for Starbucks. i couldn't resist not reading, so i looked for an empty chair and sat there, reading.

it was blurry,my heart was pounding,every page that i turned made me feel nervous-at last, the questions were answered,one...by...one...
10.00:i forced myself to go, went to the Bukit Bintang Monorail station and headed back to KL sentral
11.30: reached Shah Alam and along the way,in the train,was reading the book. IT WAS SO TEMPTING!anyway,my cousin fetched me and went to my aunt's place after that
11.45:changed to my short pants and sat at one of the sofas in the living room, and start my reading again,woohoo.it was so much fun,exciting and nerving!i never read a book like this one!i mean,i read the Da Vinci Code before but still, this book IS so much better!
2.05:stopped to have my lunch,but hastily
7.20:stopped to have my shower and went out with my cousins and aunt and sister to have our dinner at a restaurant nearby
9.00:returned and continued my reading
11.45:went to my bedroom and continued my reading in the room;by this time,i'm only 100 pages away before i reach the end...and i began to slow down flipping the pages,but it was impossible!damn it!
1.30(sunday):i finished the book and with a smile and mixed feeling inside,i closed the book.the 7 years journey with Harry Potter has finally come to an end.it's so hard to say goodbye, there'll be no more books for me to wait for, and i dont think i'll find a book that i will love as much as this one,JK rowling's creation.so well created,beautifull written and well plotted.

i laughed, i smiled, i cried, i scowled, gasped, cursing-it all happend throughout the reading, as i said, it is a masterpiece!
I found Harry Potter through the first movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.From there,i started buying the book,in 2001, the first was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret.
and because of Harry Potter,million thanks to JK rowling,i love writing and books as well.and from there,my Gordanna was created.
I read each book, from 1 - 6, and now 7 will be included, almost a hundred times each.though i know how the ending will be,but i know,i'll never get tired from reading it, i love the character, i love Hogwarts and so on.


Well, that's all folks! Hope you enjoy this post! If you have any inquiries, simple write them in the comment section, ok dear?



cheerio!
clive

p.s. emma watson is really hot in this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment