Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the 10 Inspirations

As we are growing up, we'll come across people who just cannot fail to inspire us. Whether they are your favourite singer, teacher or even your own father, there are two things clear here: 

A. you want to be like them
B. you model your life after them. 

So, I'm going to share the 10 people who have been my source of inspiration in life. And at the end of this, won't you share yours as well?

10.  POLITICS -  ANWAR IBRAHIM

Image Via
 We  come across all kinds of politicians these days. Some are very good at taking advantage of their situations while some seem unable to cope against the pressure. But I have been following Anwar's political career since 2008, when he struck the blow against the then Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Dr. Mahathir. 

Even in the midst of all the scandals, slanders, loses and victories, he stood firm on the ground and continue his fight for justice for the people of Malaysia. 


9.  CAPITALISM - DONALD TRUMP

Image Via

His no-filter statements and very egoistic nature have attracted me to follow Trump's business journey and even forked out a few hundred bucks to get books, either written by him or for him or about him. From success to bankruptcy and back again to success, he braved against the odds and championed capitalism over and over again.

As a true believer in Capitalism myself, I couldn't find anyone better to follow the footsteps other than Trump.


8.  WRITING - Joanne Kathleen Rowling

Image Via

Ever since I watched the first Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, back in 2001, I have been the hardcore follower of the Potter World. Ask me anything and I'll be able to answer them right away, which book to refer to and what page. Now, that's how seriously in love I am with her works.

And I am learning my English by reading her books too. For each book in the collection, put it roughly, I've read an average a 100 times over. Talk about obsession.

7.  SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR - Muhammad Yunus

Image Via


6.  PUBLIC SPEAKING - PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

Image Via

To speak in front of an audience with authority, humor and with your own style are three things I am learning at the moment. It's very hard. I faltered at times but I tried different ways to cope with it. 

But everytime I watch this man speaks, you've got to admit - he might not be the greatest President of the United States but he sure is the greatest speaker of all the presidents and prime ministers today. 

5.  MUSIC - MICHAEL BUBLE
Image Via

"Home" "Everything" "Fly Me to the Moon" "Hollywood", all of his songs are my favourite!
The way he sings them, says them and if we are watching him live, the way he dominates the stage - he is the best in the business! 

And weird enough, I can relate my life to each song in Michael Buble's tracklist. 

4.  ACTING - Tom Hanks

Image via

I have given this particular spot to Tom Hanks. I've thought long and hard, who who deserves it? I have many others in my mind, such as Leonardo diCaprio and Ian McKellen, to name a few, but in the end, I settled for Hanks for his witty acting. 

The way he presents himself in his movies, you cannot help but able to put yourself in his shoes in those movies perfectly. His works - the Terminal, Catch me if you can, cast away - ladies and gents there are no better actor to be made as the role model, I suppose. 


3.  ENTREPRENEURIAL -WARREN BUFFETT

Image via


2.  FOOTBALL - Wayne Rooney

Image Via
The British Footballer has been my main reason for supporting Manchester United after the departure of David Beckham, what in 2003?2004?

The way he plays his games and how he push himself in his plays, you cannot miss the burning desire he has in himself when he plays. 

At times when I am down, watching Wayne Rooney playing for Manchester United has always been a great source of inspiration! And I'm not saying that just because I love Manchester United. 


and 

1.   PARENTHOOD - SIR ALEX FERGUSON

Image Via

When I'm referring to parenthood, it's not really that literal. I'm just calling it parenthood because of the way he has successfully developed and nurtured young players in his club for more than 20 years. Most players, if not all, who have been interviewed why they love playing for the club is because of this man. He arrive very early in the morning before training and get back home in time for family time. The examples he set for his players are excellent and his work rate, any young player who's growing is very fortunate to be playing under him. 

That's why, he is main source of inspiration.

Well, why don't you share with me what's yours instead?
I would love to hear your side of the story! 
Share them in the comment section below. 

Be well.




No comments:

Post a Comment