Monday, January 16, 2012

Tech Talk: I'm a Programmer.

I'm a programmer. I used to hate that. Makes me sound like a douchebag. Ironically enough, I took Computer Science during my years at the varsity. But no matter, no matter. Programming is the very thing I have been avoiding for so long where I made myself to swear last time that after graduation, I would never NEVER look for any IT-related jobs. 

And what happened then? 
Yeah, aha, I was offered to work with a company as a programmer and not just any programming language but COBOL programming. To those of you out there who are not familiar with what's cobol, let's say it is a very ancient programming language. So, there you have it - the very thing I promised myself I would not be taking, but the very thing I am working on now. Life is weird. Indeed

So, why don't you take a look at what I have to play with everyday? 

Exhibit A.


Exhibit B. 


Exhibit C. 


I think that's enough. You get the picture, right? 
But anyway, weird enough - again - I have begun to develop a "healthy" relationship with programming though. Yeah, you heard that right. I don't believe it myself but I am actually looking forward to go to work everyday, to start with the Cobol programming. 


So, I've been going through videos on Youtube religiously to learn more about Cobol
But while I was searching for source to learn about the subject, I came across another website that teaches programming for free. However, it's not Cobol though. It's Java. (for those of you who are unfamiliar with programming) but Java is a rather newer language. You can call it the modern version. :)

Anyway, back to my discovery!



OMG! I am so excited already. I am so excited to show you how it looks like!





So, this site teaches you how to code step-by-step, with a very friendly look of the whole site, I highly recommend you guys to try this one out! Highly extremely recommended. I wish I had this one back at school, it would have been much easier!

Seriously.

Click here if you want to check it out. 




See - so here, you will have a very good guide next to you on the left side of the screen. And what's more - you get to collect points too! How fun is that!?

Anyway, I personally feel this is a better place to spend your time rather than at Facebook. At least, you can learn how to code. And who knows - you might be freakin' good with it? Who knows huh?

Well, that's all for tech talk this time. 
Why don't you share with me what other website worth sharing? You know where to share - in the comment section!

Image of Cobol via:

No comments:

Post a Comment