Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Money for the Wedding



I told you before, I've attended a friend's wedding last weekend held in Taiping, Perak. which was a marvelous trip. Truly. 

It was a very fantastic event. The foods were delicious and the host was very welcoming towards my friends and I.

So, the thing that I'd like to talk about today is something related to weddings. 




While last week I've attended a wedding over there in the north, the end of this month, I'll be attending another friend's wedding held in Malacca.

And by end of August, there will be another, in Johor. Early next year, another one in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

source

I've asked several of my friends, how much does it cost to "get married"
I've asked the guys, of course. Because the impression we boys have out here, the guys bear every cost involved.


So they estimated around RM 30k - 50,000. For a fresh graduate, a minimum of 3 years would really be a realistic time-frame to acquire such amount of money.

However, with lots of my friends got married last year as well as a few more this year, I'd just like to ask - where on earth did they manage to get the money? 


Because from the answers I've received, lots of their girlfriends asked.
The girl:  When are we getting married?
The boy: Do you want to eat sand after we're married?
The girl: No.
The boy: So, please wait. You should know my answer.


source
And from what I heard, the wedding cakes are not that cheap either.
Any perspective on this? I'm just curious. Where the money comes from?
(unless of course you're already well-off with your career.)





No comments:

Post a Comment